Track Laying — Finished Yard

This week I basically finished the yard.  There’s still more work to be done, but enough of it is done that we can safely begin wiring things up and running the black steamie around a little bit.  I decided to go ahead and continue the outer circle to at least have that part done so we can play with it some.  I gave David the option to put in a bridge on the end and he absolutely loved that idea.  The only problem is I need to raise that section of track.  Guess it’ll be good practice for doing it on the other parts of the layout.  I started to get the inclines all set.  I really like how the incline kits are working out, but I need to adjust the bridge a little bit.  I can’t do too much of an incline because I need the turnout to be at ground level due to the switch machine having to go through the table.  The bridge side is pretty steep, but the black steam engine can make it.  The problem is the peak when it starts to immediately go downward, the front wheels actually come off the track slightly.  Just enough that it could potentially cause a derailment.  I haven’t had a chance to go back downstairs and work on this, but I’m afraid it’s going to be pretty rough by the time it’s finished.