Cutting the 4×8 sheets of plywood wasn’t super easy and was a little too dangerous for a 3 year old to be involved in, so I handled that part myself. It was harder than I thought it was going to be, but the pieces look great and were finally ready to be nailed to the top. David had been talking about it all week and was super excited to get the table done. I got all the pieces cut and ready on Saturday but was too wiped to finish it all at once. I clamped one of the pieces to the table, but the kids had already started bedtime so it wouldn’t have been a good time to do any nailing.
Today I managed to find some time to nail the top on and it looks very nice. The edges are pretty close to perfect, which is good enough for me. David really likes the new table and is excited to see all the track going on it.